Sunday 11 September 2011

L'Eglise

After a stressful week I wanted to take my girlfriend out for a romantic meal for two. I chose L'Eglise in Hove and my god it didnt dissapoint. From the second we walked in the door we were impressed. The staff are extremely knowledgeable and attentive and the decor was perfect for a romantic meal.

The menu is typically french for example Moules and Frites and Onion Soup. We chose the cured meat sharing platter to start, washed down with an Organic Rioja. There were 6 diffferent meats on the platter, including Chorizo, Salami and Iberico Ham. Each piece of meat is like a flavour explosion in your mouth and we didnt want it end. The wine worked perfectly with the platter. A fantastic start to the meal.

There is only one word to descibe the main courses 'Delicious!' I chose the Confit of Duck and Jo the French Cut of Steak. The duck is the best I have ever had this side of the English Channel. Crispy on the outside and moist and flaky meat in the middle. It comes with a lentil and chick pea stew that perfectly compliments the meat. Jo chose the French Cut of steak, thank god I had the confit or there would have been serious food envy going on. Served with duck fat chips and lambs lettuce the steak was perfectly cooked. Jo loves her steak and for her to say it it is not only the best steak in Brighton, but the best she has ever had is saying something. As Jo took to so long to eat hers as she didnt want it to end I had plenty of time to try her steak; it was a great piece of meat cooked to perfection; it melted in my mouth. My plan worked to perfection ;)

With a classic french menu, a superb wine list and excellent service, L'Eglise gets my first 10 out of 10.
I highly recommend this restaurant to everyone in Brighton and Hove. We will definately be going back.

No comments:

Post a Comment